Date(s) - Oct 12, 2013
Alum Creek Beach
Try to navigate a series of challenging obstacles throughout our 5K zombie infested course at Alum Creek State Park (north beach/deep woods area).
It’s not a road race, and it’s not your grandmas 5k. It’s definitely an off-the-beaten-path race designed to thrill and challenge you! Through the mud, through the water, over challenging obstacles…. The Undead are lurking, waiting for you and after your brains…
Will you survive? Your goal is to reach the finish line, alive with at least one flag, and celebrate your survival (or not) with lots of food choices, bands, DJ’s and of course, beer!
Human basic Survival
- Before the race, you will be given a flag (life) belt, just like flag football. These flags represent your health.
- Zombies want to take your flags and eat you alive. Through the course zombies may appear and try to feast on your brains ( i.e. take your Life flags )
- If you lose all of your Life flags, you’re dead!!! However you continue to finish the race, you just do it without your brains!
What you will be put through
- Throughout the gauntlets/race, there will be a series of man-made and natural obstacles for you to overcome. Runners may choose NOT to complete an obstacle, BUT any runner who skips an obstacle will not have truly survived the Zombie Run.
- There will be zombies. Their job is to chase you and eat you — but mainly go after your life, in the form of your life belt. Avoid all zombies to keep your life flags.
- Use quick moves, speed, strategy and a good group of your trusted allies to make it to the finish line “alive” with at least one life flag. If you finish with no health flags, this means the zombies have successfully transformed you into the “walking dead.”
They’ll do whatever it takes to chase you down and grab your health flags to turn you into the “Undead”.
Zombies are always hungry but remember:
- Zombies will not physically contact any runner other than in attempt to pull a life flag.
- Direct physical contact (pulling, grabbing, pushing, striking, etc.) between zombies and runners will not be permitted.
- Do not taunt the zombies that could be someone you know.
- All physical contact with any runner is strictly prohibited. All of those in violation of this rule will be ineligible and will be escorted off of the grounds.
- Never to grab a flag from a runner if they are waiting to complete an obstacle or while on/in an obstacle.
- You must obey all course officials at all times. Trust them; they will lead you to a Zombie victory.
- Creeper zombies are never to run and chase down a runner. They creep.
- Runner zombies must run and chase runners during their shift.
- A zombie must complete his/her shift in order to receive the zombie awards. This includes signing in when you arrive and signing out when you are finished your shift.
- Any visibly intoxicated zombies will not be allowed to participate, will be asked to leave and will not receive any of the zombie awards.
- All zombies must be 14 years of age or older by race day in order to participate