We all love zombies, but how about their long time rivals – ghosts? Are they different from zombies, and if so what are those differences? And off course, what I’m really thinking is: which one is more powerful, which will be stronger and tougher in a close contact scenario?
Well, first of all let’s have a look at their origins and see what they are made off.
– Ghosts are immaterial, they have no physical body, so they cannot touch you or do anything else
– Zombies are magically animated corpses, so they are walking bodies, and they can touch you, maim you, and eat you
We also know that zombies are at least two types: western zombies and oriental zombies.
Difference?…Well the oriental zombies deal with the spirit while the western ones deal with the body. And let’s not forget mentioning the African voodoo zombies and the Egyptian mummy zombies. So we do have zombies just like ghosts but ghosts like zombies….well, no!
So this round goes to zombies for their extreme adaptability and multiple forms they can choose from.
2) Age / History
– First ghost reports are dated from the Mesopotamian religions and, shortly after, in the Egyptian culture as a snapshot of the living person made at his death, a snapshot that will continue to exist in a spirit form bringing illness and misfortune if there were no offerings in food and drinks.
– First zombies reports date even more back from Africa were living mummies were thought to be signs of an unfinished problem of the person that died or that a great injustice happened during their life.
So, second round goes again for the zombies.
Here we wanted to see their impact in our present society, and by that I figured out one simple method: look through movies titles how many of them have the sign of our contestants.
– Ghost sums up exactly 201 movies on imdb.com with their name on it;
– Zombie brings home a very close 203 movies, so only 2 movies more but enough to make the difference.
So it’s 3-0 for zombies versus ghosts in our express round-up of today.
Needless to say that in a scenario where a zombie and a ghost should fight for supremacy the tiny little spirit ghost will stand no chance in front of our green face mumbling zombie.
Hurray for Z !