In my search for zombie events across the world I’ve found a series of Zombie Run events across the US.
I’m talking about The Zombie Run: they organize events in many locations, in all parts of the US, during the whole year.
They already had a few events in 2013 and the next event dates are:
- September 29, 2013 – Nashville, Shelby Bottoms Park
- October 6, 2013 – Indianapolis, White River State Park
- October 12, 2013 – Miami, Virginia Key Beach Park
- October 26, 2013 – Portland, Blue Lake Park
- November 3, 2013 – Austin, Walter E Long Park
As the title says, the events are 5K running events. You have 5 stages, the number of zombies increases with each stage. You can register as human or as zombie for each event and there is no age limit for the participants.
For the Zombies:
- you’ll get free makeup
- you’ll be assigned to one of the 5 zones
- your job is to chase humans, pop their life balloons and terrorize them
For the Humans:
- you’ll have to run in all 5 zones
- each zone is harder
- you can wear a life balloon (zombies will try to pop it)
Everybody goes to the After Party!
- live DJ’s
- Snacks, refreshments and beer will be sold
- movie quality zombie makeovers (only $10)
- a lot of zombie merchandise available
You can find them on Facebook here, they are huge, over 168K fans.